Pages

Saturday, April 21, 2012

TEDDY BEAR FRAME


What on earth has gone on with Blogger today???
It has taken me forever to load photos and get this post up and ready!!! UUhhgggggggg.
I HATE CHANGE!!! I look at things like this....... if it's NOT BROKE leave it alone!! tee hee hee . 
I guess that shows my age huh??
 On that same note I have to say that me no likey... not at all!!! 
Trying to do this post it was all foreign and it just doesn't seem at all friendly!!
I pouted a bit and even stamped my feet..
Have you tried to use it yet??

I am sure that it will be better when I figure out just where everything is again!!
Okay enough of me pouting and screaming I guess.. tee hee heeee..
Now let me start over...

 HAPPY WEEKEND!!
I have my DT project for
to share with you today.

The theme this week is a fun one for sure!! 
 Anything But A Card/Alter Something


I have chosen to alter a wooden frame this week.
I have used #3069 Teddy Bear Love by Magnolia. Diana has her at a big 10% off the regular price right now!!!

 My image has been colored with my copic markers and stickles added to the bows.
First of all I painted my frame with Satin Cream acrylic paint. Let it dry and put Mod Podge on the top of the frame to use as a glue to put my paper down. Paper used is MME. I then used my Brayer to push the paper onto the frame and make sure that it was all down and laying nice and flat. I let that dry and then I took my sanders and sanded all of the edges of the frame. Next step was to used my Ranger Distress Inks on all of the edges to give it that nice warm shabby chic look. Next I wrote a little poem to go inside of the frame. I did this on my computer and on the edges I used my Autumn Leaves stamps. Then added a bit of distressed inks over the top of that. Now for the embellies. I have used lots of paper flowers, tulle, string pearls, and the beautiful glitter swirls are called GLITTER CUTS by Fancy Pants. Now I also think that this little frame would be so fun if you were to remover the little Teddy Bear poem and insert a special photo of a child into it.
 Of course you can find this little cute image at
 Along with all things Magnolia!! Diana is the sweetest person to buy from with great customer service and the largest selection of Magnolia Stamps in North America. Remember the all orders receive a 2% in store credit every time your purchase. Free Shipping for orders over 75.00 in the US and Canada always!!



Challenges to enter my card:
Fairy Fun Fridays: Anything goes with flowers
Just Magnolia: Soft Spring Shades

Just Some Lines:Give a gift of flowers
Timbro Scrap Mania: Anything goes





Have you entered my BLOG CANDY from yesterdays post yet??
If not you can CLICK HERE to enter.
Make sure to stop by the Magnolia Down Under challenge blog to see all of the beautiful altered inspiration by my teamies.

Thanks for stopping by today!!
Wishing you love, happiness and inky fingers.
Photobucket

54 comments:

angelwhispers said...

What a gorgeous frame Janiel just so beautiful and I love the image she is so cute and such a precious teddy bear! Chanelle xx

Maria Therese said...

Awwww cuuuuuuute ♥

Chrissy said...

Beautiful frame Janiel, love the image of Tilda, gorgeous colours and love the verse...so cute.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Teresa said...

What a gorgeous sentiment and a fabulous framed picture. xx

Hazel said...

Wow Janiel this is just stunning - love it.

Have a great weekend.

Be back to see you soon.

Toodle pip.

Hazel x

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Wow Janiel
A stunning and beautiful picture frame
Hugs Dianne xx :)

Catherine said...

This is really cute, love the idea.....

dolcreations said...

You know Janiel, I was going to mention it on my post how I did not like the new blogger but I thought I would be the only one not liking the new format....whew...I am not alone. I hate change too and I really do not like the new way of posting. So we shall grumble together!!!!
Now I will say, there is no grumbling AT ALL with this framed piece of work....you have done it again! I absolutely LOVE that shade of copic you used on her bow...it is so rich and adorable. The poem is super duper cute! Love your post today!

Brigitte said...

OMG, I LOVE your frame!!! Tilda is coloured beautifully and your little poem is wonderful!!! This is a piece of Art! Hugs, Brigitte

Gina K said...

I recently got this cutie in the mail and I'm hoping to get the chance to color her soon. Your frame turned out great. As for blogger, I switched earlier this month and I'm still learning where things are. Seems like there's a lot of symbols now, rather than having titles written out. It's not as intuitive, I guess. I'm learning, though. Some things are easier, but others are just nuts!

RenateKreativ said...

Beautiful card, I love the images and vers.
Hugs and a nice sunday
Renate

Barb Hardeman said...

You are an amazing crafter! This is spectacular and the poem is precious. You just keep on batting 1000! Okay, I'm really into baseball right now so you'll have to forgive me! Stunning work my dear...hugs...Barb <><

Karen said...

Your frame is so adorable! Your teddy bear text is great! Awesome coloring.

Karen

Sandy said...

So very, very cute Janiel! You have always had the touch and the vision!
Sandy

Kelly said...

Oh My goodness, This is such a gorgeous frame, I love the poem and how perfect with this image. Your colors are spectacular also. I enjoy your work.

Rufus said...

Love this frame, the colors are so pretty. I'm a sucker for teddy bears anyway so you had me at the title before I ever saw it...seeing it just made it even better!
R/

Norma said...

Wowzer, Janny, this takes my breath away. Love everything about this and the poem is so appropriate. A work of art.
Hugs,
Norma

tilly said...

a stunning altered frame, and love the little poem
Tilly

June Nelson said...

Oh Janiel, I dont know how you do it lovely lady but you do it brilliantly!! all your work are masterpieces!!! ooh I wish I could even think up half the stuff you create, this is another beautiful frame darlin, have alovely day huggies and love June xxxx

debby4000 said...

WOW love your gorgeous and adorable frame Janiel.
luv
Debby

Suzi Mac said...

Wow!! this is so gorgeous, the whole project is beautiful all the pretty little detailing and that sweet Tilda.
Hugs
Suzi x

Louise said...

Ohhhh Janiel!!
This is so cute! Love, love, love it! Stunningly soft beautifully inked image and that little text is so beautiful!
Amazing flowers too :)

Hugs and have a great sunday!

May said...

WOW...WOW...WOW... Simply gorgeous!! Hugs May x x x

Jane said...

Wow!!! this is so gorgeous Janiel!! Love the colours of the paper - so soft and pretty and all your details are amazing as always! hugs, Jane xxx

Unknown said...

Wow this is just breathtaking!!!! I just love your work Jan!!!! Wow you really are an excellent designer!!!! Way to go!!!! Wow!!!

Kat said...

Janiel I love this frame so much! The image, the DP, the embellishments, the beautiful colours. And how clever you are to write that lovely poem.

Take care,

Kat xx

Unknown said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! Love this and your poem is great too. You rock!

Adorable Country Classics said...

Your card is adorable! I love Magnolia stamps.

Liz's creative corner said...

Janny this is gorgeous hun, love the detail and awesome colours, hugs Liz xx

Elle said...

OMG this is gorgeous! I love your design and that saying is perfect. Great coloring, too.

Riet said...

What a wonderful card Janiel.

Hugs Riet.xx

cathylynn said...

Another PERFECT piece of art!
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Sassy Raggedy said...

Just too cute Janiel. Love it. joann sassy raggedy

Tina said...

just adorable, thanks for sharing ta just some lines

Tina
dt

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card Janiel. I love the colors and the wonderful details.

Hugs Jannie

Paula said...

Ok, first the frame and all the details you added are just incredible looking. But I must say your poem is fantastic....love it. This is an awesome, great project.

Louise said...

Wow!!! This is fabulous, I so love all the details
Louise

berlykim37 said...

WoW!! Janiel that turned out super cute...tfs

Grenouille Greetings said...

Fabulous swirls, beautiful floral arrangements, gorgeous colourwork and what lovely poem! I know just how you feel about Blogger changes! Giant hugs, Lesley

sueincanada said...

Adorable as always and the poem is so cute.

Lily Anuska said...

Wondeful frame. I love the poem. Have a nice day. Lily

Sylvia said...

Gorgeous creation. Everything you did with this beautiful frame is fabulous.
xxxSylvia

Julie said...

Hey there Janiel!! This is spectacular!!! Love the colours, your colouring everything - so creative!!! Bigs hugs to you sweetie!! Juliexx

Anonymous said...

Hi Janiel! This is gorgeous hun! I just love the colors and pretty poem in the frame. Beautiful embellishing with the flourishes and flowers. A lovely gift for someone sweet!

ps. I hate the blogger changes too. But I managed to click on something to get my old blogger setup back. Let me know if you want to find out how. ;) hugs, Angela

Desire Fourie said...

This is just so gorgeous and creative. Love the little verse and how you have decorated the frame. Perfect for a sweet little princess' room.
Hugs
Desire

cabio's craft corner said...

Gorgeous Tilda frame Jan. Another amazing creation. Love that sweet poem :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Daisychain said...

Totally awesome! Hugs Christine x

Monique said...

Beautifull !!

Hugs Monique

Mo said...

OMG..., Janiel your frame is absolutely gorgeous..., LOVE it !!!
Thanks a lot for joining us at Just Magnolia this week.
Big Hugs,
Mo

Dawn said...

This frame is soooo gorgeous and I love your poem. It is absolutely adorable.

Hugs, Dawn

Nicoletta said...

Wonderful creation and great idea!
I love it!

Thanks for joining us at TSM challenge!
Hugs
Nicoletta

Anonymous said...

This is just gorgeous Janiel, I love the little verse, Beautifully done
Hugs julie P

Giò said...

WOW!!! Really fantastic creation!! Tilda's look is so adorable!
Thanks for joining us at TSM challenge.
Hugs
Giò

Dorte said...

Such a wonderful and creative frame you have made. Tilda is so lovely with her little teddy.
Thank you for joining us over at the Fairy Fun Friday this time.
Dorte,xx