Pages

Saturday, April 9, 2011

EASTER BLESSINGS...... MAGNOLIA STYLE

Hello all of my cyber friends........

I hope that your day is going well..

It is raining here and very gloomy! So I guess that I will do my housework and spend sometime in my craft studio! We will be going out to dinner this evening. So that will be fun!!


This afternoon I have my Magnolia Down Under card to share with you!!


The girl's over at the challenge blog have made some BEAUTIFUL cards!! I was just totally blown away!! I hope you will be able to stop by and have a look and maybe even join us in the fun.

This weeks challenge....

YOU CAN NOT USE ANY DESIGNER PAPERS!!!

YOU HAVE TO CREATE YOUR OWN.

Now this is NOT one of my favorite things to do I have decided. LOL... I LOVE DESIGNER PAPERS!!! LOL.....

I have used #369 Tilda holding Easter Basket and masked #363 Tilda and her bunny with it.Both images are in stock over at Magnolia-Licious right now.


I have colored my image with my copic markers and added a bit of my Spica Twinkling makers in spots for added glitter shine.


Well as for papers I have used just Bazzill cardstocks. On the blue cardstock I have used my Stampin UP swirls background and then on the pink cardstock I have used my Stampin Up dot background stamp.

The sentiment is done on the computer and I have used my Spellbinders Nesties to cut around the sentiment and used my pop tape behind it.

Embellies: ribbon, feathers, paper flowers, pearls, glitter fabric tape for the corners.

I have used my #3 Tilda Lace Die and I have sewn my card.

************



Challenges to enter my card in:




ABC: Ribbon




Here is a side view so that you can see all of the demension. You can also see that I have stamped the bunny twice and have him popped with pop tape.

Just a QUICK REMINDER.....

don't forget about the BIG CONTEST going on at MAGNOLIA-Licious also...... Easter is just around the corner. Very easy contest with AWESOME prizes!!

Contest Details—How To Play: Three Categories (you may do ONE PROJECT for each category) #1-- "Full size Magnolia images" on an Easter/Spring Themed Card #2-- "Magnolia Minis Only" on an Easter/Spring Theme Card #3-- "Anything BUT a card" Any Magnolia Easter/Spring Project. CONTEST DEADLINE: projects must be uploaded by 11 pm EST on April 19th!! Winners will be announced on May 1st, 2011. First prize for each category - $150.00 Gift Certificate to the Magnolia-licious Store Second Prize for each category - $75.00 Gift Certificate to the Magnolia-licious Store Random prizes chosen by Diana will receive $25.00 Gift Certificates Please check the Magnolia-Licious Highlites blog for all of the playing rules...


THANKS for stopping by today..

I would love to hear what you think of my card without any DP's. It's not even close to a favorite way to make cards for me..

I LOVE MY DESIGNER PAPERS!! LOL..


Photobucket

61 comments:

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous!!

Susie Sugar said...

Oh wow this is totally gorgeous darling
Hugs Susie Sugar xx

Anonymous said...

Oh my word Janny!! This is just GORGEOUS!! I adore the feathers and beautiful colors...as always sweetie!! Smiles, Vicki

Joey said...

Janiel, WOW, this is so very beautiful, super detail and colourwork as always, love your own papers! Joey x

Fiona said...

oh wow...so gorgeous!! i love how you have stamped the papers...I zoomed in and they are fab!!

fi
x

Unknown said...

This is so cute! Wonderful coloring! Lvoe the two Tilda's together! Awesome job!

Barb Hardeman said...

Awesome card Janiel! Beautiful home made dp and your coloring is fabulous...love everything about this very sweet card...hugs...Barb

scrapperdiane said...

I LOVE THE CARD,WONDERFUL JOB.

Fleur said...

Stunning card Janiel, your little scene is stunning. Gorgeous colours too
Hugz Fleur xXx

D K Crafts said...

Hi Janiel. This is so beautiful. Love the colours and layout and how you have masked the sweet images. I think your own papers are stamped beautifully. Enjoy your dinner this evening. Donna

Debbie Dolphin said...

Hiya Janiel-Well to say you didnt enjoy this challenge you have done a FABULOUS job xxxxx
AMAZING XXXX
love Debbie xxx

Beth said...

Wow, gorgeous! You've done a wonderful job at creating your dp's!!!!

Only By His Grace said...

As always...a masterpiece.
I love your card Janiel. Lovely coloring and very nice homemade design paper.
Hugs Maz

Unknown said...

Gorgeous!!! I love it all. The paper the images the coloring....Beautiful job!!

Rene said...

Oh wow! This is the cutest card ever! Those swirls are too cute!
Rene :D

Pat said...

Hi Janny...oooohhh...how absolutely precious, darlin'!! I love pink and blue...and your handmade DP is just so cute!! I love these two Maggies together...so C-U-T-E!! Hugs. Pat Frank

Kat said...

Gorgeous card Janiel. Love the colour combo and these images are both beautiful. Loved the card you showed on Thursday for Colour Create, it's stunning too. I missed it because of my computer problems!

Kat xx

Unknown said...

Wow absolutely beautiful. Great job on the colors and the paperstoo!!!!

Chrissy said...

STUNNING...Wow!! two Tildas at once...fabulous masking and your papers look great.I love the soft feathers... really beautiful card.
Luv CHRISSYxx

CraftyC said...

Totally gorgeous Janiel and so beautifully coloured, love it!
Clairexx

Jane said...

I just couldn't wait until I could come and see how you did your papers hun as they look sooooo amazing!! Stunning colours and details as always! hugs, Jane x

Di said...

OMG!!! just drop dead gorgeous!!
Hugs di xxxx

Peggie said...

Gorgeous. Love these two together and the embellishments.

Stamper Gyrl said...

Your card is adorable!!!!!!!! I just love it!!
Tracy

♥♥RubyM:)♥♥ said...

HI Janiel!!!
UHHHHH FREAKIN CUTE!!!! Love the girly colors and these two look so adorable posing together.

I love your papers too lol!BEAUTIFUL RIBBON BTW.

Thank you for playing with us at
ABC Challenge,RubyM:)

Jackie Thomas said...

Oh Janiel your card is simply stunning. Your talent is endless. Thank you for sharing and joining us in Bizzy Becs April challenge. Hugs ox Jackie

Sandy said...

Hey Miss Janiel! You have done a wonderful job making your own design papers and the colors you have chosen are so beautiful together. Gorgeous design work and coloring.
Sandy

Pam said...

One word Janiel......GORGEOUS
Hugs from Indiana,
Pam:)

charlene said...

You did a good job on it ...a new line scrappyjan papers hehehe beautiful coloring.
Hugs

auntie lisa said...

Oh my....this is just adorable!!! Pretty colors, beautifully embellished and your images are colored to perfection....I love it!
Lisa

Desiree said...

It has been a long time since I saw anything as beautiful as your card. Nicely done!

Unknown said...

I think it should be against the law NOT to use designer paper. But you made it look easy! Beautiful card!

Teri said...

THUD!...that's me falling off my chair... this is just too absolutely, positively, awesomely gorgeous!!!! I love the colors, your masking is top notch, and the paper you made... holy cow!!How darling are the two Tildas together!! You did a fabulous job, Janiel, and you'd never, ever guess you didn't use designer papers!!!!!
Hugs,
Teri

Renkata said...

oooiiiii so beautiful.
The colouring is amazing Janny.
And the layout very pretty, love the glitter corners.

cabio's craft corner said...

Wow Jan, this is not only a card, but also a beautiful picture for display. The design is so gorgeous with that feather. So unique & elegant :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Anonymous said...

A stunning and beautiful card Janiel,gorgeous colour's and I love the images.
Have a nice day.

Hugs Jannie.

Unknown said...

Just love the colours & your colouring is just fab. Love it, a really stunning card.
Please check out my blog candy if you want http://dawniesden.blogspot.com

Petra Maria said...

Your card is amazing. Janlicious :O)
Big Hug
Petra

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness...What lovely,sweet,beautiful card! Love the soft colors and lovely details! So much beauty to look at!!
Thanks for joining us at The ABC Challenge this week! Good Luck! Hugs & Sunshine! / Sari

Malin E said...

oh it´s a supercute card!!
Hugs Malin

Christines Creative Capers said...

I LOVE this card, the colours, the 2 Tilda's, the sentiment embellishment...the... - just everything!!

Cordine said...

It's absolutely gorgeous! Love those colours!
Hugs
Cordine

Anonymous said...

Oh this is just soooo pretty Janiel! I love the way you put your papers and colors together. These Tildas look beautiful together and your coloring is beautiful too my friend.

Hope you are having a great weekend! hugs, Angela

angelwhispers said...

Janiel this is just so gorgeous loving the blue and pink and your own background stamps look so perfect! Love the image and embellishments just a superb creation!! hope you have had a great weekend Love Chanelle xxxxx

Riet said...

So wonderful card Janiel,I love the imagges and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Christina C. said...

Oh my goodness, girl, this is PHENOMENAL!!! lOVE the wonderful scene you created and those two Tildas are fabulous together! Gorgeous coloring and stunning details!!!!

Lena said...

WOW, Janny, this is so gorgeous!!! Really amazing. Your colouring is fantastic. I loved your papers and mask techinque you used is absolutely magnific.
I love your cards.
Hugs
Lena

Diana Crick said...

Well I adore it, designer paper or not. Love the frou frou! Looks like Tilda and her friend are having a glorious day. Just beautiful Janiel.
hugs, Diana

Cami said...

As always, another beautiful card Janiel! I love how you made your own background paper! Your coloring is always fab, and feathers are a nice, soft touch!
Hugs, Cami

Mascha Zimmerman said...

Sch a great card, the Easter girls are colored very nice. The pastels are wonderful together, love the card, Bye Mascha

Anonymous said...

What can I say? It's PERFECT in every way!
Hugs,
Nancy

coldwaters2 said...

Wow Janiel this is absolutely beautiful I love those two Tilda's together this is super.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Loz said...

Gorgeous handmade DP Janiel! I love the pink spotted and the tiny swirls on the blue, thanks for joining us as Bizzy Becs xx

kraftykylie said...

Your card is absolutely stunning!!! The two tildas together is wonderful. The colours and ribbons and feathers look so fantastic together.
Big smiles
:D Kylie :D

Juls said...

these 2 little sweeties look fabulous together!!! such a gorgeous card!! Hugs Juls

♥ Doreen ♥ said...

Traumhaft schön.
Danke, dass du bei EAC mitgemacht hast.
Viele Grüße Doreen

Grenouille Greetings said...

But you did it so well! Love the hand designed paper! Out of this world colouring, Janiel, and gorgeous feathery bits! Beautiful! IMTAP!!! Hugs, Lesley

Berry said...

What a pretty colour combo! Great work thanks for playing at SFTW hugs Rebekah xx

Marilyn said...

Gorgeous, just beautiful! The work & attention to detail in this project is amazing!
Thanks for joining us at Bizzy Bec's April Challenge.
Marilyn S

Diffirent Shades Of Life said...

Beautiful creation you have done a fantastic job with the Challenge. Thanks for joining us
'Bizzy Bec's Challenge Blog'.
hugs
Sue xo

Leonie said...

For someone who hates making your own DP you did an amazing job Janiel. Love this its gorgeous!! thanks for joining in with us at Bizzy Bec's for our April challenge
Hugs Leonie