Pages

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

SWEET and SIMPLE DAY!!!!!!

It's Hump day again already!!!! It's time for the challenge over atCreative Inspirations.
The challenge this week is Lace. Pins & Pearls.Now just how easy is this challenge this week!!!??

You can use whatever colours you want just added Lace, pins and pearls!!
OH COME OUT A PLAY WITH US THIS WEEK!!!
Today I have chosen to used some SWEET images!!! You see this is a birthday card for my son's special girl's birthday and she is such a sweetheart!! She LOVES sweets!! LOL.. She fits so perfect into our family!! She is just a sweetheart!! So this is a perfect card for her.
She loves pinks and browns too. I hope she likes this SWEET little card!!

I have used 3 different stamps to create this sweet card.
First the tray of goodies is a Stampendous the very cute little cupcake that is popped at the bottom is a yummy little stamp from Skogstokiga Rubberstamping. And the sentiment is a favorite of mine. It is from Impression Obsession Inc. Such a sweet little saying. On the inside of this card I have colored up one of my favorite Tilda's by Magnolia. I have used my Nesties to cut her out. I have used computer fonts for the HB and her name. And there is that very cute little yummy cupcake again! Now lets go back to the front of my card. As you can see I have added a ruffled eyelet lace with a beautiful brown and cream checked ribbon on top of it. I have added pearls in brown at the corners of the card and pink one on the corners of the image. If you look close you will see that in the flower arrangement I have added 2 heart stick pins.

If you look close at the paper that the main image is stamped on you will see that I have put white acrylic paint dots for some texture. I also have added stickles to the strawberries, cherries and the cute little pink cake on the middle tray.This card has been colored with my copic markers and watercolor pencils. I have used distressed inks on the edges and this card like all of my card has been sewn.

I hope you will find time to stop by the blog and see all of the stunning cards done by the other Designs Team members. I hope that you will find a few minutes to make a card and join us.
It is my hubby's birthday today also and I didn't get a card made for him. I struggle with men cards. So I went and bought him a playstation WII. I will think that he would not miss a card from me when he gets this little toy. hee hee.. Or lets hope not anyway. Cross your fingers for me. PLEASE.
Have a great rest of your week.
many blessings,
Janiel

25 comments:

heidy said...

Hi Janiel,cogratulations whit your love ones.
Your card is so Yummy ,gorgeous.
Enjoy yor day.
Hugs Heidy

Anne said...

Janiel, your card is just adorable. Beautiful details and very nice work on this one girl!!

Hugs, Anne

Hanne said...

Your card is so sweet! Beautiful in every way!
Hanne

Jackie Thomas said...

Stunning card Janiel, Sarah will adore it. I'm sure your hubby will be over the moon when he receives his present. xo Jackie

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Janiel,
This card is gorgeous. I love your papers and colours and the images all really work well together.
What a master stroke with the birthday pressie for himself - just think of the crafting time you have created for yourself when he's engrossewd.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Tracy said...

This card is really delicious and full of beautiful yummyiness. Your colour and layout is amazing and the papers are too. I'm certain your son's girlfriend will love this card.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Anonymous said...

Oh Miam Miam !!! I love this card so much !!!
She's so gorgeous !!!
Hugs
Mag :)

Kylie said...

So stunning! Love the details and embellies but most importantly, who ate the chocies?? Happy birthday to hubby as well.

Kylie ox

NGCARDS said...

There are only 3 words I can use to describe this card hun .... YUMMY! YUMMY! YUMMY! xxx

angelwhispers said...

Love the card it look's good enough to eatxx Just love the cake stand beautiful xx

Michelle said...

What a yummy card!!! I have that treat stand stamp...never thought to put it with that Tilda! Brilliant!!! I should know ALL FOOD stamps go together, whether it's all food or somebody holding food or just a sentiment about food!! Food is good! LOL!!!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Oooh, wonderful card - so totally yummy. Great job weaving all those beautiful embellishments, images and textures together into a beautiful masterpiece! Your son's girl will be thrilled with this beautiful gem. I know I would be!

Hugs,
Linda

Deb said...

Beautiful card. I love all the layering & embellishments you use.

Elaine Stark said...

Fab card. It is really yummy. Elaine

Sharon Caudle said...

GORGEOUS! I love the layout and the color combo, Janny! She's sure to adore this card!! I know I sure would!
hugs!
Sharon

Kat said...

This is stunning Jan. I love the papers you used and all your usual pretty little finishing touches. Sarah will love it.

My husband's birthday was last Thursday and when he came home from work I was in the middle of making his card...oops. He hasn't got a present yet but I am going to a craft show at the SECC in Glasgow on Sunday so maybe he'd like something from there lol!!

Kat x

Maria Therese said...

Wow this is sweet!!

Penni said...

Gorgeous card Jan.

I struggle with men's cards too - Hope your hubby had a good birthday despite not having a card from you!!!!

Hugs
Penni
X

Sharon said...

Oh Janiel, this must be one of the most stunning cards I've seen in blogland for a while (no offense to anyone else...lol), but this really appeals to me. LOVE the cupcake stand and cupcakes, the colours are my faves. I am sure your son's girlfriend will LOVE it. This is the type of card you want to keep for ever! Well done, thanks for sharing. Hugs Sharon

Elise said...

Will she like this card?! No!!! She will LOVE it to pieces!!! This is soooo beautiful!! Oh she is sooo lucky to get this stunning card! oh and who can blame her for luvin the sweets?! lol! This card is delish enough to eat too! :) Look at all those goodies on there, and the colors are absolutely delish too! Yummy! What a GORGEOUS card! Loooove it!
hugs,
Elise

Pop's Cards said...

This is gorgeous, love the inside as much as the front mmmmm hugs Pops x

Tammi said...

She'll love it, what a scrumptious card!!

Petra Maria said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Christy said...

This card is GORGEOUS!! Thank you for sharing!

Mette said...

Your Cards are fantastic :) I hope I someday can get just a little bit closer to you...in making such amazing cards. I hope you understand my english...im not very god at it :o)

Thanks a lot for your comment in my blog.

Have a nice weekend...and new week

Mette