Pages

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Just for You.......

This afternoon I have my


card to share with you!!

This week we have a another nice easy challenge for you......

LACE and RIBBON


Now just how easy is that!?!?!?



Well first of all I am so upset with my photos today!!! The bow on my card looks like it don't match!! uuuhhggggggggg! I hate it when this happens!! In real life it is a perfect match to the pink/peachy polka dot paper that is ust behind my very cute little #244 TILDA WITH TULIPS. I just don't know why sometime this happens!! But it is so upsetting that sometimes
some colors just don't pick up right in photos. I guess due to lighting and such. I just don't know. If you have some hints and tricks to share I would love to hear them.
I have colored my #244 Tilda with tulips with my copic markers.Browns: E13 E19 E30 E49 Pinks: RV02 RV32 RV34 R11 R20 R22 R27 greens:G40 YG95 YG99 Flesh: Eooo Eoo E11 E21 E01 E02



I have also masked the tulips from the #560 Wheelbarrow just in front of her and behind her. Then I stamped it again and cut them out so that I could lift some of them to give the card a 3-D look. I have used my Spellbinder oval nesties for around my image. Both of these images can be purchased at Magnolia-Licious by clicking on the stamp name. Also you can get $5.00 instant store credit just by signing up today!



Papers: Making Memories, Melissa Frances, American Craft, SandyLion, MME and Bazzill cardstocks Embellies: Prima butterfly, Pearls, big brads, lace trim, dotted ribbon, sheer ribbon, paper flowers. I am not sure of the Just for YOU stamp. I can't remember where this is from. sorry! I tired to get a side view here of the image so you could see the lift of the masked images and the pop of the flowers.


I have used sketch #3 from Sketch n Stash and then I rotated it. So I will be entering my card there this week as it is a FREE CHOICE SKETCH OFF.


I also fit have done this card for these challenges:


Wild Orchid Challenge: white plus 2


Mum's Crafty Shop: flowers


Magnolia Stamp Lovers Challenge: flowers


Charisma Cardz: April Showers bring May flowers


DYSU: make it pop


Cute Card Thursday: use sketch from another blog


CCEE: just add a butterfly


Now make sure you hop over to the Magnolia Down Under Blog to see all of the eye candy the team has for you to see!! I hope you can and will join us in this fun challenge!!


HAPPY WEEKEND TO ALL!!


Photobucket

41 comments:

Astrid said...

OMG Janiel, how lovely this card. Such nice colours and colouring.
Hugs Astrid

jules said...

wow what a stunning card Janiel!!!! i love it!!!

dolcreations said...

Your card looks perfect! I think it is just brilliant how you have masked the tulips and then popped them as well.You have such wonderful creative ideas! I can't believe those are copics you used....gorgeous!

Sue said...

WOW absolutely beautiful, gorgeous everthing, i love it:)

thank you for joining us at sketch n stash

sue
xx

Catherine Atkinson said...

I think the card and the pictures are gorgeous. I guess if you are concerned about the pictures, you might try adding more light, especially natural lighting.

Sandy said...

Hey sweet thing - first of all your card is delicious! Your design work is incredible - love the way you have accomplished your masking with the pop up effect. Wonderful! Every time I take a picture of my card, it seems that something pops up that I didn't expect and it does not at all look like the real thing. I know how disappointing that is. But you my dear, have established yourself as a master card maker - do not worry, we all look at your cards and say ahhhhhhhh.
XO
Sandy

Vicka M said...

What a cute and beautiful card!!! I like the bow anyway and I am sure you matched it just right! I love the dimension with those 3D tulips!!!! Thank you for your beautiful card!

Chrissy said...

So Beautiful. The colours are just gorgeous.I love your masking,and the bow looks beautiful to me...
Luv CHRISSYxx

Rene said...

Awwww...this is SO pretty! Love your sweet image...Tilda is gorgeous and your layout stunning!
Rene ;D

Sharon Caudle said...

Janny this is soooo beautiful!!!! I know how irritating it is when the colors just don't come out right. It's probably the weave of the ribbon that catches the light differently than the solid paper. But it doesn't matter cause it's gorgeous!!! I love the ribbon, the papers, (I've got to find out where you get all that wonderful checkered paper from!) The colors are soooo delicious!!! And your coloring is over the top spectacular! Love, love, looooooooooooove it!!! :) Hope you're enjoying your weekend!
hugs, Sharon

Beth said...

Janiel, your card is spectacular! Love your coloring, and all of those gorgeous tulips!!!! Wow, it's absolutely yummy! :)

Teri said...

Oh Janiel! This is soooooo dang adorable!!! Love the tulips popped up and of course your coloring is divine!!!! I sure wouldn't worry about the ribbon, we all know it matches!!!! ..smile... I love the whole design of the card... glorious!
Hugs,
Teri

Kelly Neis said...

I like what you did with Tilda surrounded by the Tulips. Really pretty card.

Only By His Grace said...

A stunning card Janiel. That does happen to me at times when a color comes out the wrong color and no matter what I do to tweak it I can't seem to fix it. It still looks beautiful as does all your creations. I love thsoe colros.
hugs Maz

Only By His Grace said...

Oh yeh!! I did mean to say that I thought that was very clever putting the extra tulips on.
Hugs Maz

Rosie said...

This is stunning!! The details are amazing girl and I love how you just used the top part of Tilda and added more tulips to frame her out. Great idea!! Hugs, Rosie

Fran said...

Gorgeous card, I love all the Tulips and the dimension on your image!! I have the same problem with colours in photographs and have noticed some colours are worse than others, I have huge troubles with red and purple :(

sharring1477 said...

I just love this card. Pink is it and it is gorgeous! The tulips are perfect. It is simply stunning.
Sharon

Shelly said...

It's a gorgeous, gorgeous card. I love the depth and detail in your coloring, it gives me something to aspire to!

Cami said...

GORGEOUS card Janiel! Love the pinks. Colors in pics sometimes don't come out exactly, but the point is, your card is just beautiful! I like the checks and polka dots! You did a great job!
Hugs,
Cami

Miranda said...

awesome card janiel, love your colouring and all the gorgeous details on your card
thanks for joining the DYSU challenge this week
hugs
Miranda

heidy said...

What a sweetie Janiel!!
Hugs heidy

Angela said...

Beautiful card Janiel! Love all the tulips around this sweet Tilda and how they pop off the card. Very pretty colors and your coloring is lovely too! Awesome work! hugs, Angela

Debbie Pamment said...

WOW Jan - this is just gorgeous!!!! LOVE all the extra tulips - they frame Tilda perfectly!
xXx

celia said...

First of all thanks for visiting my blog and write a sweet comment!!!
Do not lie awake the colors that the cameras may or may not reflect,when I want to create images never succeed ;-(( whether the picture is blurry or the colors are not what they do in real life!
but your card is gorgeous. Where you keep the inspiration!Thanks to share it with us, so we also join the fun!
Have a lovely day, Celia.

Iulia said...

Oh, this is gorgeous, Janiel! Love the dimension of the flowers! Great coloring and I just love these rich reds! Love it!
Hugs, Iulia

cathylynn said...

Janiel this is Gorgeous!!! Great idea to mask those images to create a delightful scene. Everything about your card is just perfect! I love it!!
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

*Vicki* said...

Janny, this is so darling!! I love her nestled in the bed of tulips...my fav Spring flower!! :) I think the coloring looks pretty and what a great challenge too!! Thanks for sharing!! TFS!! HUGS

Elle said...

I love the use of this stamp. Sorta one of those "why didn't I think of that!"

Colleen said...

Wow! Just beautiful! So precious...love the layout!

Nancy-on the Illinois/Wisconsin line said...

I LOVE you card! What a great layout. It's a winner!!!

WencheP said...

GORGEOUS! Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Christina C. said...

Absolutely PRECIOUS, Janiel!!!! Gorgeous layout and your coloring is phenomenal! Love your magnificent creation!

Jane said...

WOW! your colouring is just so incredible hun! Tilda looks stunning and I love the design! I wish I could help on the photo colours - it happens to me too and it is sooooo annoying! hugs Jane x

Janna Werner said...

Hi Janny! Gorgeous creation, thanks so much for sharing your creativity with us at DYSU this week! Janna

Mascha van Dijk Zimmerman said...

What a great card, she's so adoable with her tulips. Love it, Bye Mascha

cebelica said...

Sooooooo beautiful!

Christel said...

This is absolutly stunning! I really like the colours and I agree with you that sometimes colours are hard to photograph. You are sooo incredibly talanted with your copics. Love love love!!!
Thanks for joining Charisma cardz this week!
Christel

Vicky said...

Just so gorgeous Janiel...love the image and super dp's too..

thanks for joing us at sketch n stash..and good luck!

hugs Vicky xx

D K Crafts said...

Hi Janiel. Gorgeous card. Love the colours and layout and the image is adorable and love the way you have used the masking. Donna

coldwaters2 said...

Wowwwww Janiel this is out of this world beautiful that image of Tilda and Tulips looks fantastic so is the rest of the design, awesome.
Hugs
Lorraine x