Pages

Monday, August 16, 2010

Magnolia-licious Blog Hop **Birthday Celebrations**

It's all about BIRTHDAY CELEBRATIONS in honor of Diana's birthday this month!


Okay first things first.....
If you have hopped here from the lovely Linda's blog then you are right on track.
If not you may want to jump over to the start.
If you click HERE it will take you to the Magnolia-licious Highlites Blog. So you can start at the beginning.


This month we were each ask to make a card and altered gift item all birthday themed.
Are you ready??????
Mine is a very simple. A quick fun last minute fix!!
I chose to use two beautiful images from the FAIRYTALE COLLECTION. On the card I have used #340 FAIRYDUST TILDA and on the Yummy M&M bottle I have used #3039 LONGING TILDA both from Magnolia-licious! I have colored both images with my copic markers along with my watercolor pencils. I use acrylic paint and a paint brush to do my highlights.


I have used the sketch this week from Just Magniloia Challenge blog.

I have used papers from Paper Adventures, Pink Paislee, We R Memory Keepers and Bazill cardstocks.

Now let's get a close up of that sweet little Tilda blowing fairy dust and all of the pretty flowers, pearls, butterfly charm, ballon and present and of course the pine leaves punched with my McGill punch. If you look close you can see that I did sew the image layer.

If you can't read my computer done sentiment it says:

Hugs & Kisses

and blowing you

Happy Birthday Wishes....

I am not so sure that the strawberry blonde hair goes with the colors in this card. LOL..

The photos today are not so good so I have put lots of them up so you can see the details a bit better. From this angle I hope you can see all of the pop outs and popped layers.
Now for the altered gift item.
I went to Ikea and found this very fun glass bottle.
Made the label from Bazill cardstocks, MME paper. I did use my Martha Stewart dot edge punch on the border of the label. The balloons on the word "CELEBRATE" is something that I found in my stash. Don't know what or where I got it. sorry! But I tell you it was perfect for a quick fix on a quick hour gift. I have also used ribbon and a few paper flowers.

I have the balloon from the lettler "T" on a piece of thread because I stuck my little cute Tilda in there. If you will note I have put white paint dots on her dress.

I just had to think up something clever to go on ths YUMMY little bottle because I thought of something so clever for the card. LOL..
The tag reads:
RECIPE FOR A HAPPY BIRTHDAY
One full measure of kindness
A dash of Laughter
Equal parts of family & friends
And a generous heap of chocolate can't hurt.
with love...
The sentiment was also done on the computer.

I hope you have made it through my very very long post today.
Now it's time to go and see what the very talented Mindy has to share.


Challenges for today...
Crafty Cardmakers - Birthdays
Wild Orchid - One For The Girls
Secret Crafter - What Are Little Girls Made Of (Sweet Chocolate)
Partytime Tuesdays - Anything Goes Birthday
Stempel Magie - Birthday
I Did It - Anything Goes
Sew Many Challenges - Stitching
Totally Tilda - Stitching

Thank you for stopping by!
Love to hear from you MY READERS...
If you have a minute to comment please do as I would love to visit you also.

Happy Monday and big hugs...
Janiel

65 comments:

Renkata said...

wow Janiel, such a happy party set.
Love the recipe for Birthday :) Great idea dear.

Ageeth Holster said...

Wauw what a great set. Lovely idea. So nice.
Have a nice day, Ageeth

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Janiel,
I just love the bright bold colours you have used. Gorgeous card and beautiful image a nd layout. The sweets look yummy. Great work.
Hugs,
Fiona x

theCook said...

Love the candy bottle! Such a nice idea!

DQ said...

Love the bright colors, such a sweet set!

joey said...

WOW WOW WOW Janiel this is a fantastic gift, the bottle full of sweeties looks gorgeous, as for your card WOW! I am always in awe of your work. Joey.xxx

Auntie Em said...

How sweet is your gift and card set for something supposedly a 'last minute fix'! :D Love the little verse you wrote. Perfect!
Thanks for sharing! :o)

Patty said...

This is so bright and cheery! A great birthday gift. I was unable to find a post on Linda's blog? Did I miss something in the hop? Love all the details in your project.

Lisa said...

How nice! I love the card and bottle with candy.

Kristie said...

Love this!!! What a fantastic birthday card and gift! Such bright happy colors and of course, love Tilda! Thanks for playing along with my Party Time Tuesdays challenge!

Sharon Caudle said...

YUMMO!!!! What a FABULOUS gift set, Janiel! I love the bottle of M&M's, and your sentiments on both the gorgeous card and that adorable bottle are perfect!!! Who would not love to receive this gift set on their birthday?? I know I sure would!!! I love it!!!
hugs!
Sharon

Patti Jo said...

What a fun card and project!!! Love how you have Tilda nestled in the flowers and the card design. Also love the bottle and how you decorated it. The gift and balloons add such a festive touch too! Really nice verses!!! Terrific job Janiel!!!

Clare said...

You must have had a lot of fun making this card and bottle! I would have eaten a lot of the candy! Very nice job! I like Tilda's strawberry blond hair - it looks like there's some peach or a light shade of orange in your striped paper at the bottom?

Angie said...

Janiel,

Your project looks far from easy and last minute. It's just ADORABLE!!! I love it!

Angie

Tammi said...

OMGosh Janiel these are amazing and soooo cute!! Love how you added the balloons and Mmmm...chocolate!! :) ~hugs

Lynda Nielsen said...

Wow, so very creative, and your card is soooo pretty! I stopped by really to say Congratulations for being chosen for Elisabeth Bells Digi DT. I am looking forward to working with you. But when visiting your blog... Everything is beautiful, and to see so many magnolia's... awww, they were/are my first love in stamping! Your work is amazing!
Hugs,
Lynda

Rhonda Miller said...

Oh, your card is gorgeous and I just love the matching bottle of candy. Yum.

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

What a GORGEOUS gift set, your coloring is just amazing. All of your work is beautiful.

Congrats on making the Elisabeth Bell DT, I'm looking forward to working with you.

Hugs,
Wendy

www.amazingpapergrace.com said...

Simply beautiful Janiel!! Your set is gorgeous!

Suzanne J Dean said...

Ca-Ute and adorable! Great cheery colors and embellishments with that cute Tilda! Love the big bottle of M&M's (my son's fave candy), so festive and pretty! Great job on this!

hugz,
Suzanne

Jeanette said...

Sweet in more ways than one. Thanks for joining us at I Did It Creations.

Corinne said...

Very nice project...like the idea of bottle of candy. Love the colors you used....your card is fabulous!
Hugs~
Corinne

angelwhispers said...

Fab project Janiel!! Love the colours and the image. Especially love the sweeties very nice!! Chanelle xx

Gry-Heidi said...

Gorgeous set, Janiel ! Sooo many lovely details ! Beautiful !!!

Hugs, Gry-Heidi :o)

Therese said...

Yummy...me like chocolate;)

Great project. Beautiful details. Love the tag with the fun text on. You`re good at this girl. ;)

Stampin Mindy said...

Ohhh Janiel!!! You are my hero! I love m&m's!! They go so well with the colores you used on your card. Beautiful job!!!

Congrats on making the EB design team, I knew you would!!

Hugs, Mindy

Erika said...

Stunning work again I love your bottle, fabby idea. Might have to scraplift for Christmas kids gifts. Pretty please?!

Helen said...

Gorgeous card & gift - love the colours!
Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
Helen x

Toni said...

Love the gift set. The flowers on the card are beautiful and the bottle full of M&M's...what more could someone want on their birthday? Thanks for sharing.

Janie Printz said...

This gift set is so sweet !!! You really created something wonderful & am loving that adorable Tilda which you've made so bright & colorful. Love all your terrific cards & am enjoying a look around your amazing blog.
Hugs. Janie

{Jane} said...

Gorgeous

Thanks for joining us on SCSC :)

Hugs Jane x
SCSC DT

Gail said...

Beautiful.

craftykitten said...

What a fabulous project! Not sure all that candy would have made it into the bottle if I'd made it!!! LOL Thanks for joining in with our stitching challenge at Totally Tilda this time.
Hugs
Dawn x

Kat said...

What a lovely set Janiel. The card is beautiful and I love how you've decorated the bottle.

Kat xx

~Jeri~ said...

What an amazing gift set!!! My birthday is at the end of this month if you're feeling the love LOL All seriousness though, your work is amazing and the details are awesome!!

Thanks for joining us this week at Sew Many Challenges!!

Cor* said...

This is stellar for sure. Great card with those colors and that sketch. It totally rocks. And your sentiment (recipe) is just perfect. thanks so much for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers for our birthday celebration challenge.

Jorunn said...

Oooohhh no...now you made me wanting M&M's...LOL!
It looks so yummi! great job. Love the colors, and the wonderful card too!!!

Cathy U. said...

Such a cute card. And I really love the M&M's.

LINDA W. said...

Great project and I LOVE your card and your
coloring.
Hugs Linda W.

Danielle Champagne said...

Hello Janiel! How sweet Tilda blowing wishes for Diana! I love this Tilda. Your card is exquisite. I do like very much the bottle of candies... miam.
Hugs.
Danielle.

cheribella said...

Ooooh, this definitely looks like a birthday present! Love, love, love it.
Cheri

Jane said...

oh what a cute gift idea...this is something I could do quick and easy for the girls at work. thank you so much for such an awesome idea. And what a beautiful card.

scrapstampsleep said...

Janiel... this gift set is too cute for words. I love the flowers you used to compliment the pretty coloring.

carrie said...

Wonderful project and card! What a great gift for someone! I really like this Tilda stamp and your card is great.

Debbie Schneider said...

This is so beautiful - I just love the color combination and the flowers are the perfect touch!! Great gift idea!!!

Irene Daryanto said...

Wow Janiel, now that's is my kind of M&M's, love the card, it's cheery and colorful.
hugs, Irene

Candy said...

Janiel,
Well isn't this just the cutest card and gift! Chocolate is always perfect for us women :o) Love your bright, cheery and pretty work!
Hugs, Candy

Cheryl said...

Love your gift idea, Janiel! Who wouldn't love a whole jar of M&Ms decorated so perfectly!
Love your card-tilda really looks ready for her party!

Jane said...

Ooo I have this exact same Ikea bottle! I want to decorate mine now - what an amazing idea, tfs!! I love your card, the colours and details are stunning as always! thanks for joining the JM challenge too! hugs, Jane xxx

Luv 2 Create said...

Cute project. This is one lucky lady to have all of you as friends.
Marcie

Melanie said...

What a great set!! Who wouldn't love a great big jar of m&m's...yum! I really love the layout of your card, and the arrangement of flowers is beautiful!

Christine said...

Gorgeous creation fab colours & great stitching love the layout. thanks for sharing & joining us at Totally Tilda chall.

smiles Christine xx

Marushy said...

Great work! This card is so gorgeous!

Thanks for playing Stempel-Magie this week.

Hugs
Marushy

scrappinpeg said...

Oh what a fun cute gift idea for the M&M's.... Made me want to start eating! LOL Your card is just fabulous too. Your card's layout is just wonderful.
thanks for sharing....
xoxo
Peggy Biggs

kim.mom said...

What a great gift!!!! TFS with us at SMC!

Padster said...

Just beautiful - thank you for joining us at I Did It Creations this week
Hugs Debbie xx

Mary said...

This is great. Love the idea of the M&M jar.

Stampin Mindy said...

Hi Janiel me again, this is so darn cute, I just love it!

Thanks for joining us at Just Magnolia this week.

Hugs, Mindy

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

WOW! Your card is stunning... and that bottle of candy... yummy!

Thank you for stitching with SMC this week!

Bev said...

Fabulous project, gorgeous colour and detail. Thanks for joining us at JM this week x

Roberta Laliberte said...

OH WOW this set is amazing! The details are blowing me away! Please could I have it!!!!! Want my addy???? hehehehe

Thanks for joining us at Totally Tilda!

xoxoox

Joynana said...

Who wouldn't love to get this wonderful gift. Great job.

MauMau88 said...

Wow a wonderful gift.

Inken
Stempel-Magie

Nicola said...

Fabulous colouration and stitched detail Janiel, your floral detail is outstanding. Two totally gorgeous projects.
Thank you for joining us at Totally Tilda.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

nnalorac said...

Gorgeous card and love the sweetie jar. nnalorac.x